Spanish Club: Herman@s Orgulos@s en Las Americas (HOLA)
UNC Asheville’s HOLA, Herman@s Orgullosos en Las Americas – Proud Sisters and Brothers in the Americas, connects students with the Latino community throughout Western North Carolina. HOLA organizes on campus events and volunteer opportunities in the community. We also sponsor and support a number of Latino groups in the community including TELASH (Teatro Latino de Asheville), COLA, Nuestro Centro, and Defensa Comunitaria. You don't need to speak Spanish to join. Meetings are held in English and you do NOT have to be Latino/Hispanic/Chicano/etc., to join HOLA, you just have to care about the issues they work on and be willing to have tons of fun.:)
Volunteer Opportunities/Resources to Work with Spanish-speaking Community
- El Centro comunitario de Henderson
- Nuestro Centro de Asheville (el oeste)
- El Centro comunitario de Brevard
- Catholic Social Services
- Latino Steering Committee
- Catholic Hispanic Ministries
- Emma Resource Center
- Western North Carolina Community Health Services
- Buncombe County Medical Society Project Access
- Pisgah Legal Services
- Coalición de Organizaciones Latinoamericanas
- United Services Credit Union
- Business Services Associates
- Mission Hospital – interpreting services
- ABCCM – interpreting at medical clinic
*Contact MAHEC for medical translation/interpretation training.
Spanish Conversation Table
You are invited to drop in on a weekly Spanish Conversation Table. Thursdays, 4-5 pm, Whitesides Hall forum (Room 136) throughout this semester.
All levels of Spanish are welcome. Good practice and fun, sharing with your classmates and a Spanish professor or two.
Any questions or comments, contact Kacey Rudock, email@example.com.
Sigma Delta Pi (Spanish Honor Society)
Faculty Adviser: John E. Gant, firstname.lastname@example.org